July 11th – July 21st, Mon-Thu plus show on evening of final day
So you are ready to be a rock star?
Okay, maybe you just want to play like a rock star, experience what it’s like to be in a band, and play a live show!
During this intensive two-week program, you will rock out with others under the patient and expert guidance of an experienced instructor. You will put together a set of popular songs, including student requests, and rehearse in a fully equipped studio with guitar and bass amps, P.A., and drum kit. You will learn to listen to your fellow musicians, to read song charts, to arrange songs, and to understand the structure of songs. But mostly you’ll rehearse, and rehearse and rehearse! At the end of the two weeks, your band will show off its skills in a live show for family and friends! We’ll videotape the show and post it on YouTube, so that you can share it with friends.
- KIDS 8-12: 10am-2pm
- TEENS 13-17 noon-5pm
- Private lessons may be added before or after camp.
- Two age groups: Kids 8-12 and Teens 13-17.
- Showtimes: Kids 8-12 4:30pm on final day, Teens 13-17.
- Tuition is $850. Returning NYC/Brooklyn/Queens Students or Campers save $50. Sign up with a sibling or friend for an additional $30 discount.
Skill and Equipment Requirements for Teen Rock Band 101:
For guitar, students should be familiar with open chords (with barre chords preferred) and be able to read basic chord charts. Bring your own electric guitar, tuner and cable. Amplifiers are provided.
For bass, students should be familiar with basic tablature and techniques and be able to read basic song charts. Bring your own electric bass, tuner and cable. Amplifiers are provided.
For drums, students should be familiar with basic techniques and be able to understand basic song charts. Just bring your sticks!
For keyboards and vocals, students should be familiar with basic techniques and be able to understand basic song charts. Just bring yourself!
A limited number of electric and bass guitars are available for use at the school for an additional fee of $15 per week. Call 718-855-5400 to reserve an instrument before the program starts.
- Classes are held in our studio at 81 4th Avenue in Brooklyn–easily accessed by taking the 2,3,4,5,B,D,N,R, or Q train to Atlantic Ave-Pacific Street Barclays Center.
- Campers age 13-17 are allowed off campus without supervision for lunch.
- Kids age 8-12 are never allowed off campus and must bring a pack lunch.
- Rock Booster Pack: Add seven 1/2 hour private lessons after camp for $240.
- Each camper gets a NYC Guitar School T-Shirt.
- Returning students save an additional $50!
- CREATE YOUR OWN CAMP: Put together a group of four or more campers and we’ll create a custom camp on the dates that work best for you!
Refund Policy for Summer Camps:
You can reserve your spot in any summer program with a $200 non-refundable deposit. You can cancel your registration anytime before June 30th, 2012 for a 100 percent refund of any tuition paid less the $200 deposit. If you cancel your registration for any reason after June 30th, 2012 then there is no refund.
Rock Booster Pack: 7 half-hour private lessons, add $240July 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18 & 19
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, ThursdayAges 8-12 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Ages 13 – 17 12:00 pm – 5:00 pmLimited availability for bass, drums, vox and keys.
Full for guitar
Please call 718-855-5400to sign up or for wait list.Spaces still available for Brooklyn Guitar School Summer Camp, click HERE for information!
Rock Band Show
Thursday, July 19th