Two-Week Rock ‘N’ Roll Summer Boot Camp for Absolute Beginners
July 11th – July 21st, Mon-Thu plus show on evening of final day
Two weeks that could change your life forever! So you are ready to be a rock star…but you are a complete beginner? No Problem! In only two weeks you will know the basics of playing guitar! It will take a lot of work, but you’ll be in a small group with lots of positive coaching, surrounded by music and musicians. You WILL learn the basics of guitar playing!
During this intensive two-week program, you’ll rock out with others under the patient and expert guidance of an experienced instructor. You’ll learn the basics of chords, strumming, and reading tablature in the context of carefully selected riffs and songs such as “Smoke On the Water”, “Song 2”, “Seven Nation Army”, “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” and more. You’ll also visit a working guitar repair shop, learn to listen to music like a professional musician, check out the advanced rock bands (and be inspired!). At the end of your boot camp, your group will perform a song in the Summer Rock Band Show! Of course, your friends and family are invited to see your rock star moment, and we’ll videotape your show and post it on YouTube, too, so that you can share it with all your friends.
- KIDS 8-12: 10am-2pm
- TEENS 13-17 noon-5pm
- Private lessons may be added before or after camp.
- Two age groups: Kids 8-12 and Teens 13-17.
- Includes all materials AND guitars are provided. Bring nothing but your desire to rock.
- Showtimes: Kids 8-12 4:30pm on final day, Teens 13-17 5:30pm.
- Tuition is $550. Sign up with a sibling or friend for an additional $30 discount.
Skill Requirements for Boot Camp: Nada. Zilch. No background at all! No matter how much of a total and absolute beginner you are, you will know the basics of guitar playing at the end of this two week program!
- Classes are held in our studio at 81 4th Avenue in Brooklyn–easily accessed by taking the 2,3,4,5,B,D,N,R, or Q train to Atlantic Ave-Pacific Street Barclays Center.
- We supply guitars for your use at no charge!
- You WILL be able to play songs and riffs at the end of the two week period!
- Campers age 13-17 are allowed off campus without supervision for lunch.
- Campers age 8-12 are always supervised and must bring a pack lunch.
- Each camper gets a NYC Guitar School T-Shirt.
- Sign up with a friend and get $30 off!
- CREATE YOUR OWN CAMP: Put together a group of four or more campers and we’ll create a custom camp on the dates that work best for you!
Rock Booster Pack: 7 half-hour private lessons after your camp, add $240July 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18 & 19
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, ThursdayKids Boot Camp Ages 8 – 12
10:00 am – 3:00 pm each day href=”/web/20120625134032/http://www.1shoppingcart.com/SecureCart/SecureCart.aspx?mid=5CFCBE96-3F5E-4D3A-A0BD-955181CDD744&pid=4af61e7108274e4ab7971121becaa534″ title=”click here for quick, secure on-line sign-up “>Ages 13 – 17
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm each day href=”/web/20120625134032/http://www.1shoppingcart.com/SecureCart/SecureCart.aspx?mid=5CFCBE96-3F5E-4D3A-A0BD-955181CDD744&pid=3b637d148004449983bafd8e5f512f3e” title=”click here for quick, secure on-line sign-up “>Rock Band Show
Thursday, July 19th